According to a recently-released Time/CNN poll, two thirds of Americans answered "yes" when asked if "people should be required to take a marriage-education course before they can get a marriage license."
With the American divorce rate at 55%--a rate that has quadrupled in the past 20 years--this might not be such a bad idea.
Mars-Venus Workshops, moderated by a national network of 150 facilitators trained by relationships author John Gray, may provide an ideal forum for the communications gap so often fatal to a marriage. Dr. Gray's book, Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus, was on the New York Times Bestseller List for over 200 weeks.
12 BENEFITS YOU'LL RECEIVE
- Immediately improve your communication with members of the opposite sex.
- Rapidly decrease the amount of fighting in your relationship.
- Learn a positive way to understand how men and women are different.
- Learn a simple tool to release negative emotions.
- Decrease your chances for divorce.
- Learn the most important motivations and needs of your partner.
- Increase the amount of love and passion in your relationship and make it last.
- Learn why people catch the "Resentment Flu" and how to prevent this.
- Learn how women score points differently than men and why every man needs to know this.
- Learn the real reason why sex is so important to men, and why every woman needs to know this.
- You will get a workbook that is only available through this seminar.
- You can come back and reinforce your learnings whenever you need at discounts of 75-100% off.
WHAT HAPPENS AT A WORKSHOP
You will learn to understand the differences between men and women in a positive way. You will see that it is not just your partner that does things the way he or she does. The simple understanding of the differences between men and women can create new awareness that can cause a dramatic shift in a relationship. The entire approach is based on acknowledging and even honoring the difference between the sexes.
The workshop is conducted in an educational format. Each section of the course begins with a section of video tape of John Gray. After viewing the tape there will be discussion and simple exercises led by Dr. Schwarz to help you learn the material at a deeper level. You can expect to get a lot of information in a manner that is easy to understand and personally meaningful. You should expect to laugh or chuckle many times during the workshop, because the material is presented in a manner that is both affirming and amusing. You will often say to yourself, "Yes, that is what is going on in my life or in my relationship."
The workshop is not group therapy. Deep personal issues will not be discussed publicly. The bottom line of the Mars Venus approach is that it is important to be respectful of the differences between men and women, so you will be treated with respect and caring.
It is our goal that at the end of every session you will feel more hopeful and more in touch with your loving feelings than when you came in the door. You will also have more knowledge and skills to effectively communicate those feelings with a partner in a way that will support both your needs as individuals and support your relationship.
CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
- Understanding the differences of Martians & Venutians.
- How to score points with the opposite sex.
- How to keep passion and love alive.
- How to deal with difficult emotions.